Discussing the pros and cons of gay marriage is something that has to be done now that the issue has already been a main thing in all the parts of the world. Many individuals and groups have been working for years just to legalize gay marriage. This issue has been causing a lot of debates anywhere in the world. Before digging dipper to gay marriage pros and cons, let us start with the basic concept of union of two people. Marriage is defined as a union of a man and a woman. This is done with the recognition of law. Many people are looking at marriage as a sacred union that involves the law of man and the law of God. If you are going to ask the church about gay marriage, they would firmly stand against it because the bible have clearly stated that marriage can only be done with the participation of a man and a woman. This is one thing that made a lot of people reluctant in accepting the concept of gay marriage. A lot of people do not believe in this concept even when gay marriage pros have been discussed in many debates. But despite all the negative response of a lot of people, the group that is passing gay marriage is still very consistent with their campaign. In this article, the writer wants to dig deeper in order to show the pros and cons on gay marriage.
Pros of gay marriage
>Despite the objection of many, here are the different positive things about gay marriage:
- One of the gay marriage pros is the elimination of discrimination. Gender discrimination is going to be wiped away. Gay people feel discriminated because they cannot act the way they want just like straight people. If gay marriage is legalized, this barrier that is hindering members of the third sex to be happy with the person they love is going to be broken. This is the first advantage that people see about gay marriage.
- Same sex marriage will allow the gay partners to get the benefits that a regular straight couple is getting. This is the main reason why the groups that are passing the bill with regards to gay marriage are really pushing this. When gay partners are living together without marriage, they will not be able to get what the regular couples are enjoying.
- Gay marriage can be a great start to make gays acceptable in the society. If there were going to be a law that will be passed making gay marriage legal, it would be easier for the members of the third sex to stand in front of the crowd confidently. This will then lead to the acceptance of this population around the world.
- The gay parents will be allowed to adopt their own children and this will then help lessen the number of orphans because majority of the gays who want to be married are looking forward to having their own children. And when gay marriage is legal, the children that will be adopted will not be experiencing bullying and discrimination because their parents are legally wedded.
- Gay marriage can also lessen the possibility of having STD among the members of the third sex.
Disadvantages of gay marriage
- Gay marriage tampers and destroys the sanctity of marriage. It is given in the Holy Scripture that God only allows the marriage of a man and a woman. With this, it is then very clear that this type of arrangement can cause disobedience and disrespect when it comes to the sanctity of marriage.
- The rate of divorce may be raised when two gay couples decide to leave each other because they have realized that they want to have their own kids. This can be possible according to studies on the behavior and the relationships of gay marriage. And in the end, parties may realize that gay marriage is not really what it seems.
These are just few of the pros and cons of gay marriage. During debates, a lot of points are being raised with regards to this.